I rocked the Astra WordPress theme when I launched my blog in June 2020. However, the WordPress theme market is quite extensive. Primarily, there are different themes available for different suit purposes. For example, there are themes for businesses, academics, and even jeweler shops.
Yet, most developers prefer multi-purpose themes. These are the themes that can be used to build a variety of websites suited to different purposes. Using such themes increases flexibility, portability and reduces the time required to develop websites for different purposes.
Here, we will discuss one such multiple purpose theme – Astra.
Features of Astra WordPress Theme
The theme comes loaded with multiple inbuilt features that make it one of the most useful themes of all time. Here are some of the most important features:
- The customization of the theme is possible with zero knowledge of coding. The theme uses a drag and drop page building system, which allows the developers to create stunning websites with no manual coding.
- The theme can work with different page builders. It works well with Elementor, Visual Composer, and Site Origins Page Builder, to name a few.
- The extremely clean and lightweight code makes the theme super-fast. Thus, the website naturally ranks higher in search engine rankings and other metrics.
- You get a large collection of pre-built website designs that you can edit to suit your specific needs.
Different Options to Customize
Astra allows you to customize almost every aspect of your website from within the theme customizer. Here are a few examples:
- You can customize the layout settings, deciding how the single pages, posts, and archives will look.
- You can apply different header settings on the website as well.
- Color and Topography settings can be edited directly from the portal as well. You do not need to code anything to change the color and style of the website.
- The design of the blog archives is static in most Themes. However, Astra provides you the opportunity to create an excellent layout for your blogs and archives using the theme customizer.
Key Metrics About Astra WordPress Theme
The default WordPress site with Astra loads under 0.5 seconds. This aspect makes it one of the fastest themes available on the market. Additionally, the theme does not use any jQuery, which avoids any render-blocking issues.
Furthermore, the total weight of the theme files is 50 KB only. That is exceptionally low compared to some of the other major themes in the market.
The speed grade received by a default WordPress site using Astra is a perfect 100 %. Similarly, Google Dev gives it an astounding 95 % while GTmetrix notes the load time under 400ms.
Another benefit of Astra is the large library of ready-built content that you can import into your website. This reduces the development time exceptionally and ensures that the developer can deliver more in less time.
Finally, most Astra users remain impressed with its exceptional Header and Footer Builder, which provides added customization to their website project.
Astra is the right choice for you if you want a lightweight and exceptional theme for your WordPress website. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.