Elementor is the best FREE WordPress Website Builder, with over 5 million active installs. You can create beautiful websites and pages using this drag and drop interface.
Therefore, it’s quite hard to be a WordPress developer and not know about Elementor. Indeed, it is one of the biggest page builders available for WordPress websites today. Currently, it is one of the most popular and widely used page builder plugins in the market.
Most developers use it for the ease and flexibility it provides in website development. Here, we will discuss the Elementor Page Builder in detail.
How to Install Elementor Page Builder
Installing the free version of the plugin is easy. It is available in the WordPress directory.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, click Plugins > Add New.
- In the Search field, enter Elementor and choose Elementor website builder to install.
- After installation, click Activate.
However, the pro version needs to be purchased from the Elementor website itself. After the purchase, you’ll receive the installable files for the plugin. Upload those files on the upload plugin link, and you are set to use it.
Selected Features of the Plugin
Many features set Elementor apart from most other page builders on the market. Below, I mention a few features that add to the uniqueness of the plugin.
- You get a live builder that allows you to build the site in real-time. As such, you can view exactly how the changes you are making will look once the project is complete.
- You can use the Elementor Finder to search for features that you cannot find otherwise. This way, it reduces the time you need to learn the use of the builder.
- It has a dedicated side panel that lists the options in an easily identifiable way. Thus, you can make the most use out of the options available.
- You have the chance to create virtually unlimited layouts with different colors and structures.
Major Benefit of the Plugin
There are numerous benefits to using Elementor. The most important benefit is that the basic product itself is completely free. You do not need to pay a penny to use the basic Elementor plugin.
Additionally, it has an excellent user interface that can help newbies learn its use in no time. Furthermore, the plugin is an open resource, allowing multiple third-party upgrades to be available on the market.
For example, you can get different icon sets and other features for the page builder. The open-source code also allows advanced developers to code their ideas in the plugin as well.
You can easily customize the product as much as you want. Lastly, the plugin is regularly updated to keep it safe and add new features.
Drawbacks of Elementor
A few problems with Elementor cannot be denied. First, it has a forced styling option by default. This aspect means that your site has to follow certain styling rules to work with Elementor. Additionally, it lacks marketing-oriented features. Also, the page template collection is less comprehensive compared to competitors like Site Origin and WP-Bakery.
The Elementor Page Builder offers you an excellent starting point for your website development needs. However, if you’re looking for more power under the engine, then purchase Elementor Pro, the add-on package. It adds new features and modules to the page building experience.
So, try using Elementor along with the Astra WordPress Theme and let us know how your experience turns out.