This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
WordPress image compression is a big deal because the size of your site’s content matters a lot. If your content takes a lot of disk space, it will cause your website to run slowly. Additionally, it will also ruin your rankings on search engines.
Consequently, most website developers prioritize the optimization of website content. A major part of this optimization is image compression.
However, many services offered online for image compressive have multiple drawbacks. For example, some result in lossy compression only. Others may not have the proper WordPress integration methods available.
Offered in my resource library are many tools, which I use in running and operating my blog as a business. Therefore, we will review a service that provides most of the features needed by website owners and developers to optimize their images – ShortPixel.
Table of Contents
What is ShortPixel?
ShortPixel is an easy to use, lightweight, install-and-forget-about-it image optimization plugin that can compress all your past images and PDF documents with a single click. New images are automatically resized/rescaled and optimized on the fly, in the background.
The Benefits of ShortPixel
Apart from the excellent output quality, you get a myriad of benefits using ShortPixel’s service. Here are the most crucial ones:
- It has priority support, ensuring that anyone paying the basic price can get complete support from their team.
- The product is easy to use and does not require any particular technical knowledge.
- You can compress an image of any file size: there is no limit.
- The developer may choose from glossy, lossless, and lossy optimization. It is their choice as to how they want the images to be optimized.
- You can upload the images at once, sit back, and relax. The system will automatically proceed with bulk compression based on the given parameters.
- There is a native WordPress integration plugin offered by ShortPixel . Thus, you can easily resize the images on your website using this plugin.
- Additionally, developers who prefer using basic PHP to develop their websites can also integrate the service using the basic PHP integration tools.
In some cases, the popular $9.99 USD package may not be valuable for the developer. In these cases, they may require the option to process up to 55,000 images per month. Luckily, that package is also available.
However, when we compare ShortPixel’s pricing to the number of benefits that you get for the price, all the deals are fair to the client. The exceptional support and the well-managed systems help save a lot of auxiliary expenses as well.
What are ShortPixel’s Dedicated Packages?
The dedicated packages of ShortPixel offer you a complete server that is fully managed for your image compression needs. Here, you get the complete server to yourself every month. Thus, you can create sub-accounts and offer them to other people as well.
The server is still managed, which reduces the hassle and hurdles in getting the job completed. However, such an offer is extremely expensive and can climb as high as $1,000 USD per month for the most powerful server. There is also an extra installation fee of 300 USD for the server.
However, you get 16 million optimizations per month with this server. Thus, you can completely optimize the images of a complete high-profile website within a month.
ShortPixel is a high-powered compressor and optimizer that drastically reduces image file sizes so you can improve your website’s performance and SEO ranking. If you can afford the price-tag, don’t miss out on the WordPress Image Compression services it provides.